3 Easy Camping Desserts for Fall Season! – Apple Cinnamon Obsession
Yes, peeps, it’s that time of year, pumpkin and apple cinnamon everywhere!
These easy camping desserts are perfect if you’re going camping this fall season. You better get your comfort food ready to keep your warmth and autumn festive mood levels up!
We present you here 3 options of super easy camping desserts that you can prepare with a few ingredients and our fall specials: Apple and Cinnamon! Here we go!
1. Breakfast is served- Apple Cinnamon pancakes!
“Life’s too short, eat dessert first” At least that’s what they say, right? So nothing better than starting your day with something sweet and filling to predict a good journey during your camping trip, this easy camping desserts recipe is perfect for the whole family.
- 1 cup of pancake mix
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Once your campfire is set up, start heating up your pan
- Combine the pancake mix with the grated apple, milk, egg and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Once your pan is hot, drop some of the mixture into it in round forms, like you would usually do to start cooking your pancakes (about ¼ of mixture for each pancake)
- Cook without turning or disturbing until the top is covered with bubbles, then it’s time to flip the pancake and cook briefly on the other side as well.
- Repeat this procedure until you finish your mixture.
- Additionally you can add some apple slices with cinnamon on top
- And you can serve your pancakes with maple syrup or vanilla ice cream (if you’re not too worried about the calories 😉
2. Apple Pie French Toast Rolls
This camping dessert only requires a few ingredients, which are so easy to pack and carry that we’re sure it will become your “go-to” option for every camping trip (whether is fall or not!) These rolls taste exactly like your grandma’s homemade apple pie, except they are not ;). All you need is a cast iron pan over the fire and the following ingredients:
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 can of apple pie filling (or do your own filling with natural apples)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- dash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- A little butter for the frying pan
- Take off the crust from the bread slices and flatten them with the help of a rolling pin
- Spread the apple pie filling (Or your self-made filling) onto the bread
- Roll the bread up tightly and place them aside while you are making the rest.
- Mix and whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla in a small pan
- Combine the sugar with the cinnamon on a small plate.
- Start heating the pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Take each roll and dip it into the egg mixture, coating completely.
- Place them in the pan and cook until golden brown, making sure to turn them so they are brown on all sides.
- Once they are fully cooked remove from the frying pan and roll them immediately into the cinnamon sugar until completely covered.
- A little vanilla Ice cream never hurt nobody, so add some for extra happiness or serve them plain.
For a little extra warmth on a chilly fall night, this is the perfect camping dessert recipe. Dessert comes in all different forms, for some the course that concludes a meal is -let’s say- a bit more “entertaining” than others, and can be the start of a really fun evening. For those campers, we have this alternative:
- 1 bottle of unoaked Chardonnay (Or your prefered white wine) 750ml
- 3/4 cup peach Schnapps
- 1/4 cup hone
- 2 chopped apples
- 2 chopped oranges
- 1 quartered lemon
- 1 quartered lime
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarter-size slices of fresh ginger
- 6-7 cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Club soda
- Mix and stir in a bowl the wine, peach schnapps and honey. Add half of the sliced apples, 1 chopped orange, lemon, lime, cinnamon sticks, ginger and cloves. Store in your camping coolbox for 4 hours.
- In the meantime, add the other chopped apple and other orange, peeled and chopped, to a bowl.
- After 4 hours have passed, serve the sangria into a pitcher.
- You could also, blend the sugar and cinnamon on a small plate, moisten the rim of your glass with a lemon and dip into the mixture, for a sweet rim.
- Add ice, pour the sangria into a cup and mix with some club soda. Lastly top with a spoonful of the apple-orange mixture and there you go!
These easy camping desserts will keep you cozy and happy while camping during this season! Let us know in the comments if you have other recipes to share for a camping trip in Fall, and don’t forget to visit our website to book the perfect campsite for you, we have many options all around the world in Campstar.com